What is The CHOICES Challenge?
The CHOICES Challenge is a text messaging activity taken by teens on their cell
phones. The purpose of The CHOICES Challenge is to help teens use critical thinking to discover that making well-considered choices will likely lead to more desirable
outcomes and possibly even more opportunities in their lives. Teens will also
learn that the choices they make about their lives and education can have both
short and long-term consequences.
The objective of The CHOICES Challenge is to successfully guide a fictitious character through
high school. Teens choose from a variety of characters with different personas.
They are then texted choices challenges from that character as though they were
a friend of theirs asking for help with making an important choice. Each choice
has a score and consequence, resulting in overall cumulative score presented in
the format of a Grade Point Average (GPA).
How does it work?
To take the Challenge (simply text the key word to the short code):
Short Code (phone number): 40762
Key Word: Graduate
Next, choose your character, and then you will be presented with 20 "CHOICES Challenges" (one each day) where you will be providing advice to your chosen character.
Each challenge has four potential options from which the teen must choose, and each option chosen results in a descriptive outcome and point value. The Challenge has four levels (9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades) with 5 Challenges each.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You MUST be 13 to take The CHOICES Challenge. The content is consistent with a PG-13 film rating or a T video game rating.
- Standard text messaging fees apply based on your texting plan.
- Be sure to follow cell phone rules provided by your school and parents.
- If you complete the CHOICES Challenge you will be entered into a drawing to win a cool prize.
- Reply STOP at any time to end the game and stop text messages
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems executing the game